Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the works and world of AJ Culpepper.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doctor Who appreciation thread

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

Doctor Who appreciation thread Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:20 am

Considering I can name two fans off the top of my head (Alaryah and myself) I figured this would be an appropriate topic to start.

So, I'll begin with the most recent news, the teaser trailer to the 2012 Christmas special. Has anyone ever noticed Christmas in England always seems to be set in the Victorian era? Why is that?

Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 am

Will I be shot if I have no idea who Doctor Who is?
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:26 am

*gets out rifle and looks for Dot in the sights* Hehehe just kidding Dot! You are funny tho! Wait you are joking right? Please please please tell me you are! Shocked Wink

Yay! White Wraith a Whovian thread! I love watching the Christmas specials! They are always so much fun!
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 am

I hope Dot's joking, too. But somehow I don't think she is.

Dot, for someone so wild about Chirstopher Eccleston, I'm surprised you don't know about Doctor Who. He played the Ninth Doctor.

Alaryah, my personal favorite Christmas Special was the Christmas Carol one. Simply the best.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:13 am

I did like that one also! But I really enjoyed Christmas Invasion and Voyage of the Damned! Lol...what can I say I'm just partial to David Tennant! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:15 am

C'mon you guys! What's all this about Doctor Who? Give! Give! Especially if Christopher Eccleston is involved I love you
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 am

Poor, Dot. Sorry we're picking on you, luv. Here's a bit from wikipedia:

The programme depicts the adventures of a Time Lord—a time travelling, humanoid alien known as the Doctor. He explores the universe in his 'TARDIS', a sentient, telepathic time-and-space-travel machine that flies through the time vortex. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, a common sight in Britain in 1963, when the series first aired. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs.

Eleven actors have headlined the series as The Doctor. The transition from one actor to another is written into the plot of the show as regeneration, a life process of Time Lords through which the character of the Doctor takes on a new body and, to some extent, new personality, which occurs when sustaining injury which would be fatal to most other species. Although each portrayal is different, and on occasions the various incarnations have even met one another, they are all meant to be aspects of the same character.

As I said before, Christopher Eccleston played the Ninth Doctor. As this was one of my favorites, I'll share this just for you:

Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:04 am

Dot...do you have Netflix by chance? You can watch Doctor Who there and I believe CE was in Season one. And just so you know it was all in fun here's a little something for you CE as the 9th Doctor! <3

Doctor Who appreciation thread The_ninth_doctor_tardis_zpsd9b02023
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 am

For Alaryah.
Found this in my many meanderings in youtube. Enjoy.

Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:39 am

Awe thank you White Wraith! I <3 Ten!
Doctor Who appreciation thread Smiley
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 am

Wow, Doctor Who sounds really neat! I don't know why I never saw it before. Especially with Chris Eccleston I love you Thanks for the video, Wraith, he looks so cool as the Doctor!

Alaryah, yeah I do have Netflix! Thanks so much for the heads up and for the dreamy pic of Chris Eccleston I love you Now I'm going to have to spend some quality time with my Netflix over the weekend Smile

And yeah, I know it was all in fun Wink If nobody picked on me, I'd start to feel unloved No
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 am

You're welcome, luv. Let us know what you think come Monday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:01 am

Couldn't wait that long! I jusst finished the episode "Dalek". The best one yet Smile Eccleston is sooo I love you
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Dot wrote:
Wow, Doctor Who sounds really neat! I don't know why I never saw it before. Especially with Chris Eccleston I love you Thanks for the video, Wraith, he looks so cool as the Doctor!

Alaryah, yeah I do have Netflix! Thanks so much for the heads up and for the dreamy pic of Chris Eccleston I love you Now I'm going to have to spend some quality time with my Netflix over the weekend Smile

And yeah, I know it was all in fun Wink If nobody picked on me, I'd start to feel unloved No

You're very welcome Dot for the heads up and the picking on you it's our pleasure! Wink Besides we know you are as good at giving as you are at receiving! Laughing

White Wraith looks like we may have the makings of another Whovian! cheers
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
White Wraith looks like we may have the makings of another Whovian! cheers

I think you might be right, Alaryah.

Series 7 has already started here, so I'm not going to give away any spoilers but I will taunt and tease Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 pm

No fair, Wraith! Especially when I'm trying to catch up on all the seasons and episodes before *pouts*
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 am

Sorry, luv. Rest assured, it will be worth the wait Wink
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 am

I found some old episodes to watch. Really neat! Did you guys know it was black and white when it first started?
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:29 am

Uh, yeah, Dot. I did Wink William Hartnell has always been one of my favorites.

Doctor Who appreciation thread 010
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am

Well some of us aren't as OLD as you, Wraith Razz
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 am

Which is why some of us are able to drive and even drink if we want Wink
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

Har har Razz
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Doctor Who Christmas 2012 trailer!   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Did anyone else see this yet?

Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 am

White Wraith wrote:
Did anyone else see this yet?

Thank you for sharing WW! This is going to be nothing short of brilliant! One problem is my girls love Doctor Who and Snow and I'm not sure if they will be able to look at it the same way after this! Shocked Maybe this will have to be an adult only episode...lol! Wink
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:20 am

You're welcome, Alaryah. You may be right about it being an adults-only episode. Just those split-second scenes alone unsettled the nerves. I'm looking forward to it! However, I can't say much. "Blink" ruined me for all time and their subsequent returns haven't helped much Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who appreciation thread   Doctor Who appreciation thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who appreciation thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next