Forum dedicated to the works and world of AJ Culpepper.
 
PortalHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

I cannot believe there's no thread for this yet. Come on people, this is going to be the best movie since Return of the King!

Check out their website!

And if that doesn't make you want to see the movie, check out the trailer!

_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
Phyrexia
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Ohio, USA

Character sheet
Name: Sheoldred
Race: Phyrexian
Class: Praetor, Thane

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 am

Is it wrong to have a crush on a dwarf? Thorin looks so hot! Who's the actor playing him?
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 am

Alright, what's with the ladies of the forum? There seems to be an unnerving trend in recent posts.

That being said, to answer your question, Phyrexia, his name is Richard Armitage. He played an excellent Guy of Gisborne in the BBC series Robin Hood.

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexia
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Ohio, USA

Character sheet
Name: Sheoldred
Race: Phyrexian
Class: Praetor, Thane

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am

White Wraith wrote:
Alright, what's with the ladies of the forum? There seems to be an unnerving trend in recent posts.

I can't imagine what you mean. Shocked

Quote :
That being said, to answer your question, Phyrexia, his name is Richard Armitage. He played an excellent Guy of Gisborne in the BBC series Robin Hood.

I've never seen Robin Hood. I don't watch many BBC shows, but I might have to start!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:26 am

White Wraith wrote:
Alright, what's with the ladies of the forum? There seems to be an unnerving trend in recent posts.

You're just upset because you're the only guy on here and we're not saying anything about you Wink

Phyrexia, BBC America is realyl great. If you ever get the chance, check out the series Merlin.

Hey, guys, check out the new trailer! Phyrexia, there's even more Thorin!


_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
Phyrexia
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Ohio, USA

Character sheet
Name: Sheoldred
Race: Phyrexian
Class: Praetor, Thane

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 am

Dot, I'm going to make it a point to catch an episode or two of Merlin. I looked up the trailer of the new series and, wow!

The second trailer looks fantastic! And you're right - soooo much more Thorin! Smile

_________________

Phyrexia is not dead. Far from it. An item of great power has been sensed through the Planes - Father's Heart.
Said to be Yawgmoth's actual heart expelled form his flesh upon attaining perfection, this artifact is possessed of awesome power.
Many seek it for many differest reasons. Power corrupts, corruption gives power and absolute corruption gives absolute power.
Will you journey into mechanized hell to salvage this artifact for yourself? Or will you come at the behest of another?

The adventure has begun!
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 am

Dot wrote:
White Wraith wrote:
Alright, what's with the ladies of the forum? There seems to be an unnerving trend in recent posts.

You're just upset because you're the only guy on here and we're not saying anything about you Wink

Phyrexia, BBC America is realyl great. If you ever get the chance, check out the series Merlin.

Hey, guys, check out the new trailer! Phyrexia, there's even more Thorin!


I won't dignify that with a reply Razz

And you misspelled "really" Wink

The second trailer looks better than the first. For the record, my remark has nothing to do with Thorin (Richard Armitage).

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Are you absolutely sure about that, WW? Wink And you're lucky that's all I misspelled Razz

For Phyrexia

_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 am

Dot wrote:
Are you absolutely sure about that, WW?

At least as far as I'm willing to confess at this time Wink

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 am

Phyrexia wrote:
Is it wrong to have a crush on a dwarf? Thorin looks so hot! Who's the actor playing him?
Lol...I'm kinda diggin' Fili myself!


White Wraith wrote:
Alright, what's with the ladies of the forum? There seems to be an unnerving trend in recent posts.
That being said, to answer your question, Phyrexia, his name is Richard Armitage. He played an excellent Guy of Gisborne in the BBC series Robin Hood.

Lol, sorry White Wraith it's the hormones! Wink

I adored Richard in Robin Hood! I was sad to see that series end! BBC and BBC America have some really great shows. Especially that one with the guy in the blue box! Laughing

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
Lol, sorry White Wraith it's the hormones! Wink

We have got to get more men in this forum.

"Blue Box". Being from the UK, I know exactly who you mean. I take it your a fan of Dr. Who?

These are the guys I'm looking forward to seeing

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:26 am

White Wraith wrote:


We have got to get more men in this forum.

"Blue Box". Being from the UK, I know exactly who you mean. I take it your a fan of Dr. Who?

Lol...if it makes you feel any better I think Evangeline Lily is going to be a hawt Tauriel! Whaaaat? I can appreciate the beauty of a she elf! Wink So, if it make you feel any better I will throw in stuff about hot chicks now and then! Very Happy

And yes, I am very much so! I'm partial to Ten but I do like Matt Smith and the old Mr. Tom Baker too!

Those 3 handsome buggers are high on my priority list to see also! One of my favorite passages in the book!

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
Phyrexia
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Ohio, USA

Character sheet
Name: Sheoldred
Race: Phyrexian
Class: Praetor, Thane

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
Phyrexia wrote:
Is it wrong to have a crush on a dwarf? Thorin looks so hot! Who's the actor playing him?
Lol...I'm kinda diggin' Fili myself!

He's good-looking, too! Must be a new trend in dwarfdom Razz

I'm looking forward to seeing Smaug! But I think I might have to wait for the next movie Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
Lol...if it makes you feel any better I think Evangeline Lily is going to be a hawt Tauriel! Whaaaat? I can appreciate the beauty of a she elf! Wink So, if it make you feel any better I will throw in stuff about hot chicks now and then! Very Happy

And yes, I am very much so! I'm partial to Ten but I do like Matt Smith and the old Mr. Tom Baker too!

Those 3 handsome buggers are high on my priority list to see also! One of my favorite passages in the book!

*laughs* Thanks, Alaryah. It's appreciated even though I wouldn't mind a good looking guy either, just have yet to see any Razz

Personally I liked the Fifth Doctor most, but I admit Matt Smith has grown on me. Maybe it has something to do with him being a good looking guy Wink

Does anyone know if they'll be including Beorn? Or even who's playing him? I doubt he's going to be left out, but I haven't seen anything about him as yet.

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 am

Phyrexia wrote:

He's good-looking, too! Must be a new trend in dwarfdom Razz

I'm looking forward to seeing Smaug! But I think I might have to wait for the next movie Crying or Very sad

Lol...that would be a new trend because there's just something about "hot dwarf" sounds more like an oxymoron than a good thing? Wink Especially cos well have you seen Bombur...yikes!

And yes...yes...yes I too can not wait to see Smaug!

White Wraith wrote:
*laughs* Thanks, Alaryah. It's appreciated even though I wouldn't mind a good looking guy either, just have yet to see any Razz

Personally I liked the Fifth Doctor most, but I admit Matt Smith has grown on me. Maybe it has something to do with him being a good looking guy Wink

Does anyone know if they'll be including Beorn? Or even who's playing him? I doubt he's going to be left out, but I haven't seen anything about him as yet.

There will be some lovely elves! Thranduil and Legolas! I must say I am partial to them! Oh an the guy playing Bard, Luke Evans wahoo!

Matt Smith has grown on me too but I just adore David Tennant!

And yes Beorn will be apart of the movies! See if this link works TheOneRing.net casting news for Beorn Btw, TheOneRing.net is the best place to get all sorts of Hobbit and LotR information, love that site!

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:14 am

Sorry for the double post but I was able to locate where I thought I had seen something about The Hobbit becoming a trilogy and here it is, tho I'm not sure if you have to be logged on to FB to see it? PJ confirms The Hobbit Trilogy

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:54 am

Many thanks for the link, Alaryah. Yes, it did work! Fantastic information there. I'm familiar with Mikael Persbrandt's work. I'm somewhat partial to Scandinavian television and cinema. As a refresher, isn't Luke Evans the actor who played Inspector Fields in The Raven recently? (Bloody good flick, by the way)

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
Sorry for the double post but I was able to locate where I thought I had seen something about The Hobbit becoming a trilogy and here it is, tho I'm not sure if you have to be logged on to FB to see it? PJ confirms The Hobbit Trilogy

Oh wow! Shocked Now I really can't wait! Though I think having to wait to see Smaug is going to kill me! Thanks for sharing this, Alaryah! Very Happy

_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 am

I don't know how I missed your second post, Alaryah, but thanks for it. I'm really curious to see how the movies pan out now. I can't imagine Peter Jackson making them unduly drawn out or boring.

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Phyrexia
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2012-09-29
Location : Ohio, USA

Character sheet
Name: Sheoldred
Race: Phyrexian
Class: Praetor, Thane

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 am

The Hobbit sounds like it is going to turn out to be some awesome movies! Do we REALLY have to wait? Sad

_________________

Phyrexia is not dead. Far from it. An item of great power has been sensed through the Planes - Father's Heart.
Said to be Yawgmoth's actual heart expelled form his flesh upon attaining perfection, this artifact is possessed of awesome power.
Many seek it for many differest reasons. Power corrupts, corruption gives power and absolute corruption gives absolute power.
Will you journey into mechanized hell to salvage this artifact for yourself? Or will you come at the behest of another?

The adventure has begun!
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 am

White Wraith wrote:
Many thanks for the link, Alaryah. Yes, it did work! Fantastic information there. I'm familiar with Mikael Persbrandt's work. I'm somewhat partial to Scandinavian television and cinema. As a refresher, isn't Luke Evans the actor who played Inspector Fields in The Raven recently? (Bloody good flick, by the way)
You're very welcome! And yes Luke Evans was in The Raven! I absolutely love Poe so I was so happy the movie turned out brilliantly! Smile

Dot wrote:

Oh wow! Shocked Now I really can't wait! Though I think having to wait to see Smaug is going to kill me! Thanks for sharing this, Alaryah! Very Happy

My pleasure Dot! And I agree waiting on Smaug is going to be maddening!

White Wraith wrote:
I don't know how I missed your second post, Alaryah, but thanks for it. I'm really curious to see how the movies pan out now. I can't imagine Peter Jackson making them unduly drawn out or boring.

Me too! I'm so excited! I think if anything we will be pleasantly surprised by PJ's The Hobbit!

Phyrexia wrote:
The Hobbit sounds like it is going to turn out to be some awesome movies! Do we REALLY have to wait? Sad

I know it is taking way too long! Hurry up December!

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:40 am

At least we can all suffer together, Alaryah Smile

Does anyone know if Celeborn's going to be in The Hobbit movie and if the same actor's playting him? I know Galadriel's in it and the same actress is playing her (from the trailer) but I didn't see Celeborn.

_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:56 am

Lol...I'm happy we can suffer together!

No word yet on Celeborn's appereance in The Hobbit but I am really hoping Marton Csokas will be reprising his role! He's a great actor!

_________________
Back to my love...
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : United Kingdom

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
White Wraith wrote:
Many thanks for the link, Alaryah. Yes, it did work! Fantastic information there. I'm familiar with Mikael Persbrandt's work. I'm somewhat partial to Scandinavian television and cinema. As a refresher, isn't Luke Evans the actor who played Inspector Fields in The Raven recently? (Bloody good flick, by the way)
You're very welcome! And yes Luke Evans was in The Raven! I absolutely love Poe so I was so happy the movie turned out brilliantly! Smile

I thought so. I agree, he is a great actor and as a fan of Edgar Allan Poe's works myself, I too was very pleased with the way the movie turned out.

Thanks to a discussion elswhere, I have to ask: What's the race everyone's looking forward to seeing in these movies? For myself, I'm looking forward to the dwarves.

_________________


Moderator of the Role-Players' Domain - If you like gaming, swing by.
I don't bite...much...often...

Thanks to Alaryah for the bril avatar.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2012-09-27
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:25 am

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
Lol...I'm happy we can suffer together!

No word yet on Celeborn's appereance in The Hobbit but I am really hoping Marton Csokas will be reprising his role! He's a great actor!

I couldn't agree more! It just won't be the same if they change the actor.

_________________

You can call me by my full name, Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

Thanks to Alaryah for this wonderful set I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey   

Back to top Go down
 
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» An Unexpected Mentor (Private)
» The Journey Through Omashu
» Returning from an Unexpected Leave
» Journey
» A long journey

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Movies-
Jump to: